There’s an ever-increasing push for everyone to go green and reduce their carbon footprint, and while it may not be feasible to move into a green building there are still many ways that you can do your bit to help environmental sustainability in the workplace.
With many environmental policies being put into place for businesses, consumers now expect businesses to be sensitive to the environment however it is still important to remember that the security of your confidential data must be a priority too.
Reducing the amount of waste you produce is the best way to help the environment and there are lots of ways to do this.
- Print less – use digital copies, print on both sides of the sheet of paper and only print what you really need.
- Save energy – use energy rated bulbs, power saving settings on the computers and switch off what your not using.
- Put an emphasis on staff car shares or walking/ cycling to work to reduce carbon emissions.
Instead of throwing things away, try to find ways to use them again.
- Use both sides of a sheet of paper to write on.
- Use plastic containers for lunch instead of sandwich bags or foil so they can be used everyday.
- Get ink cartridges refilled instead of purchasing new.
Many of things we use everyday can be recycled and turned into new products.
Following the three R’s of the environment can help your business to reduce their carbon footprint. But putting confidential waste systems in place is also a great way to do this as well as protecting your confidential information.
Shred Pro offer a complete shredding service tailor made to your needs. We offer equipment to store the confidential data in between collection and then we carry out the shredding service on site and issue a certificate of destruction. This service gives you complete control over your documents as you can watch the information being shredded thus leaving you with peace of mind.
Learn more information about the type of services we can offer; http://shredpro-uk.com/on-site-shredding-services.html